Blogger Templates

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Best Beauty Products for Summer!


Hey Bloggers,

I hope you're all enjoying a wonderful summer so far? For those who have been lucky enough to head out on vacation, summer is of course the best time to indulge in some quality holiday time. For those who haven't had a holiday, (including myself) well, there's always the winter break. ;) It is my birthday tomorrow though so I can pretend for one day I guess, haha!

Thinking about summer essentials then, what do you like to include in your daily beauty regime? Do you have one or two items that you simply can't leave the house without? When it comes to choosing the best beauty products for my own skin type, my skin is extremely fair so I have to be extra careful in the blazing heat.

I love nothing more than to allow my skin to breathe and although this can prove to be difficult when temperatures are unbearable, one of the most effective ways I do this is to NOT wear any foundation as foundation can sometimes feel a little clammy. Instead, I go for subtle beauty enhancements that are ideal for summer weather. 

Here's what beauty products I'm loving at the moment...


For Lips and Eyes

*
Sometimes, lipstick can feel too heavy during summer months so I like to still have a bright pop of colour on my lips, but the added gloss also works very well and catches in the light. :) These Maybelline glosses glide on beautifully and are incredibly addictive to buy in every colour!


For Coverage and Highlighting

*
YSL always package their beauty products in luxury packaging, so naturally the gold box was enough to sell 'Touche Eclat' to me, haha! ;) I've also used a Dior radiance booster product in the past, but after my sister recommended using YSL, I've never looked back! I'd say this concealer works better as a highlighter and I tend to combine both this and my Benefit concealer together for optimum coverage.

*
This Benefit concealer, although yes it's on the expensive side, it does deliver fantastic results. If you're looking for great quality coverage on dark circles and blemishes, this concealer has industrial strength meaning it is slightly stronger than regular concealers. Whenever my skin is looking red, I like to dab some of this product on and it gives my skin a boost straight away!


For Blush



I originally bought this product as an 'impulse buy' but it hasn't let me down since! You only need the tiniest amount and you can use this lightweight cream on cheeks, or wherever you need some instant radiance. I find it blends really well over the top of my Bourjois blush and gives me a dewy, rosy glow.


For Sun Protection

This sun cream is so convenient to just pop into your handbag, it absorbs really quickly AND it's the least greasy sun cream I've ever bought! Overall, definitely worth £5.50 in price. :)



Note: All images marked with * taken by Myself (Dawn)


2 comments :

  1. I use the Boi'ing too and have noticed that it really helps with the dark circles under my eyes. They've suddenly popped up and I have to use "industrial strength" concealers! haha

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jules,

    They're great aren't they?? I love Benefit cosmetics so much, and their packaging is equally as gorgeous :)

    It's nice to get a second opinion from fellow Benefit lovers :)

    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

All of your comments are much appreciated - thank you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...