Blogger Templates

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Oh Hi Autumn, It's Been a While...

Hey Guys,

So it's been a while since I last posted on here, but I'm not going to sugar-coat the fact that sometimes work and life have to take priority. By no means do I LOVE blogging any less, but as we get older, our lives begin to take on that bit more responsibility... who here can relate to this? I'm 27 now, who'd have thought it! ;)


Moving on to today's post, we've officially hit October which is my personal fave time of the year (YAY!) I'm sure I'm not alone when I express my adoration for the autumn season, right? It has all the cosiest things for us to indulge, from stylish sweaters to layer up on, autumnal coffee flavours for the senses to take in, crisp leaves that fall like a breathe of fresh air from the trees, not to mention an excuse to trek new country and go hiking. But let's not forget the main event which happens like clockwork on the 31st... HALLOWEEN! ;) Me and my guy adore all things horror, so I'm sure the rest of this month is going to be a corker.

Trick or Treat?
Just to kick Autumn off to a beautific start, last week I treated myself to a gorgeous lipstick hue. I'm a sucker when it comes to Superdrug beauty discounts, so naturally, perfecting my pout is always the best excuse for me to freshen up my make-up kit while pinching a few purse strings at the same time.



I've heard great reviews about Max Factor lippies, and have been on the hunt for a rustic shade that will serve to polish up my look for Autumn. In that spirit, today the spotlight is on Max Factor's Colour Elixir lipstick in 'Mulberry'...

Colour:


The focus for fall is all about warm lip tones. This shade is not too overpowering so you can wear it from day to night, and with or without lip liner (always a bonus if lipsticks don't bleed when worn without liner!) Think of a sultry, festive red with a slight metallic sheen... that's what this Mulberry tone is all about, and I LOVE it.


Any lip shade that contrasts with my natural pale skin tone is a winner for me as I just love the retro look. I would choose alabaster skin tones over tanned any day!

Application/Texture:


Glides on super slick and is very easy to apply, so no cakey textures here! You can feel this lipstick conditioning your pout, but it's not quite as creamy as some of my other products. I always prefer to apply a lip balm prior to wearing lip products of any kind anyway - I'm a tad O.C.D that way ;) It doesn't leave an undesirable outline after eating or drinking either, just fades naturally as you would expect from any lipstick.

Packaging:


Goldfinger would be proud of this one. The gold chrome outer case creates a luxurious experience with every use, and I like the fact that the vampy Mulberry shade can easily be identified at the base of this product, unlike other 'all black' lipstick cases.

Final Rating of Product:

Based on the above points, I would have to score this one at 9/10. This lipstick is only one point short of perfection in my eyes, and that's because true perfection is very hard to find. The shade goes with any autumn outfit, but I like to wear it with my New Look tartan shirt as it picks out the red tones nicely.


Which lip products have you been lusting over lately? :) Let me know what you're up to this October in the comments section below...

No comments :

Post a Comment

All of your comments are much appreciated - thank you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...