Blogger Templates

Monday 23 April 2012

God save the Queen!








                                                    








To mark the celebration of my first ever blog post, as well as the Queen's Diamond Jubilee for 2012, here is a group of images which pay tribute to our British Union Jack, in true punk style. The Dr. Martens have been on my fashion wishlist for a while now, so are more of a reminder for myself!

The two tee designs are from Geri Halliwell's Union Jack collection, which can be found both online and in Next stores worldwide. Geri has always been recognized for her bold sense of style. She first made her now trademark Union Jack mini-dress famous when she strutted down the stage at the Brit awards, back in 1997. As Ginger Spice was my favourite of the Spice Girls, I am glad that she has expanded her career in fashion, and her latest collection for Next retailer will certainly be a treat for my wardrobe.

Finally, I just want to touch on Ashish's A/W 2011 collection. Yes I know this is an older collection, but I felt it was definately worth a mention as it is highly inspirational. With many variations of coloured plaid, outspoken slogans, zipper detailing, union jacks seen throughout and brothel creepers, the most cutting edge of all underground footwear; this fantastic catwalk collection certainly reminds us why London is one of the most innovative of the fashion capitals. 


Note: Both images of Union Jack nails taken by myself (Dawn) Effects on certain images are edited by me also.


No comments :

Post a Comment

All of your comments are much appreciated - thank you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...