Blogger Templates

Monday 23 April 2012

I Heart You, Liverpool.






For me, Liverpool is a magical place… Not just because it is my hometown, but for it’s personality and vibrancy as a standalone city. I don’t get to visit as often as I’d like to these days, so I do miss home like crazy!


What I want to blog about this morning is, Liverpool as a tourist attraction. With countless amounts of clubs, bars, cafes, galleries and shops to choose from, it’s easy to let your bank balance run away with you! However, Liverpool being such a diverse city, there is something for everybody and you don’t even have to spend a penny.


The latest attractions which have caught my eye (from the media coverage) are as follows: Street theatre performance ‘Sea Odyssey’ by French theatre company, Royal De Luxe. With giant puppets roaming the streets of Liverpool City Centre, I’m disappointed that I did not get the chance to see this! Sea Odyssey was part of Liverpool's remembrance for the recent 100th anniversary of the Titanic, and was a 3-day event to keep both locals and tourists entertained.

Also, Saturday 21st April saw the grand opening of Friends-inspired café, Central Perk in Hatton Gardens. This I am super excited about visiting in the future, not only as I am addicted to coffee, but also because me and my sis are huge fans of the Friends series. Stay tuned for more info on my interpretation of the Central Perk experience!


Finally, I believe there was a tattoo related event, dedicated entirely to customizing Dr. Martens. This would have been fantastic for all of those fashion-conscious individuals browsing the stores of Liverpool One on Saturday. All designs were personalised and inked onto iconic brand Dr. Martens by local Tattooists, Stigma Tattoo. I thought I would give this a mention as the event was an innovative way to promote a business. Also, I will be getting my very first tattoo soon, yay! Designs will be posted soon enough.

No comments :

Post a Comment

All of your comments are much appreciated - thank you! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...